The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department protects the towns of Brussels, Union and Gardner in southern Door County in Wisconsin. The department consists of 50 volunteer firefighters protecting 92 square miles of land and 117 square miles of water from two fire stations, the south station in Brussels, the north station located in Little Sturgeon. The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department began on May 20, 1967 and continues to serve the community in many ways.
"Thanking and proudly serving the Towns of Brussels, Union, and Gardner. Three Towns...ONE Department. Working together."
God Made a Firefighter . . . a Brussels-Union-Gardner Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services tribute click here
B.U.G. Firefighter Golden Axe Awards
2009: Cletus DeKeyser 2010: Larry Madsen 2011: Bob Massart 2012: Jason Monfils 2013:Ryan Chaudoir and Matt Phillips. 2014: Brad Geisel 2015: Cale Bakke 2016:Mark DeKeyser 2017:Joshua Kipp 2018:Mason Laurent
Burning Permits – Guidelines
*Note, this is not an all inclusive list*
- Burning permits are required to regulate the open burning of materials during times when increased forest and brush fire hazards exists due to dry conditions.
- Burning of plastic, garbage, asphalt, treated or painted wood, rubber or oily substances is prohibited.
- Fire must be attended at all times and be totally extinguished before you leave.
- Don’t burn without fire fighting tools such as a shovel, rake and water hose or buckets of water at the site of the burn.
- You must also comply with local ordinances, which may be more restrictive than state law.
- Campfires are allowed for cooking and warming without a burning permit. Please note there may be times when campfires are not allowed if and when burning bans are in effect.
Fire personnel to call for obtaining a burning permit.
Open burning is not a right. It is a privilege and it can be taken away. You are responsible for damages and costs if your fire gets away.
Meetings and Training Schedule for BUG Firefighters. Click here
BUG Firefighters Incorporated is a 501C(3) Non-Profit Organization that was started in 2008 by the Brussels-Union-Gardner Firefighters. The sole purpose of the group is to raise money, apply for grants, and/or accept equipment or other monetary donations, and in turn, donate it back to the BUG Fire Department. This organization allows for businesses and individuals to make these donations which are 100% tax deductible.
Current Officers include:
President – Curt Vandertie
Vice President – Joel Daoust
Secretary/Treasurer – Ryan Chaudoir
To make a tax deductible donation or inquire how you may help the BUG Firefighters Incorporated group, please contact us at:
BUG Firefighters Inc.
PO Box 6
Brussels, WI 54204
|Fire Chief||Curt Vandertie||920.559.2205|
|Assistant Fire Chief||Ryan Wery, Station 2||920.493.0773|
|Assistant Fire Chief||Jim Wautier, Station 1||920.825.1213|
|Fire Inspections Contact: Ryan Wery for Town of Gardner or Jim Wautier for Town of Brussels and Union|
|** If neither are available, contact Curt Vandertie|
|Are you interested in becoming a BUG Firefighter, complete this application and send it to the address on the form.|
|Burning Permits||Station 1|
Hat and T-shirt are $15.00 each
Payable to BUG Firefighters Inc. Call Ryan Chaudoir. 920-493-8583.
Thanks for your support.